How can we make your day easier?
Frequently Asked Questions
Courses & Enrollment
We offer graduate-level, continuing education courses for K-12 teachers with re-certification, state licensure, salary schedule or other professional development needs.
NOTE REGARDING LICENSURE: If you are a teacher already in the classroom needing to get your Professional Certificate, please be aware that each state and educational district has its own guidelines and rules. It is your responsibility to make sure that our courses legally fulfill your school’s requirements for Professional Certification.
CREDIT courses are offered through four regionally accredited partners: Andrews University, Avila University, Greenville University, Loyola Marymount University, and William Jessup University.
NON-CREDIT courses are offered by Advancement Courses for professional development hours. There is no university affiliation for Non-Credit courses.
We also offer:
Act 48 Hours for PA teachers CTLE Credits for NY teachers CPE Hours for Texas teachers Lane Credits for CPS (Chicago) teachers P Credits for NYC teachers Professional Development Credits for Illinois teachers Salary Points for LAUSD teachers
Credit courses are offered through our regionally accredited university partners. Upon successful completion of your course, you will receive a letter grade and will be able to request and order a transcript directly from the partner institution. Each semester hour of credit requires 15 hours of coursework.
Non-Credit courses have the same requirements for completion as CREDIT courses, but do not receive a transcript. There is no university affiliation for Non-Credit courses. You will receive a Certificate of Completion via email from Advancement Courses acknowledging successful completion and the number of professional development hours the course is offered (15 hours, 30 hours, or 45 hours).
Please be sure to verify with your governing body their acceptance of either a Credit or Non-Credit course, as tuition is non-refundable.
Andrews University (AU): These are graduate credits. It is recommended that you verify credit acceptance with the university at which you would like these credits to apply.
Avila University (Avila): These are graduate credits and are degree eligible as an approved elective for the M.A. in Education in Teaching & Learning at Avila. It is recommended that you verify credit acceptance with any university at which you would like these credits to apply.
Greenville University (GU): These are graduate credits. It is recommended that you verify credit acceptance with any university at which you would like these credits to apply.
Loyola Marymount University (LMU): These are graduate-level, professional development courses.
William Jessup University (Jessup): These are graduate credits that may be applied to the Master of Arts in Education degree at Jessup.
All of our courses are offered for semester hours bearing graduate-level credits from our university partners. Please note: Illinois teachers receive their Professional Development and Graduate Credits through Greenville University. Texas teachers receive CPEs through Advancement Courses, a Texas Education Agency registered and approved CPE Provider.
Based on your specific course, you will receive your course materials in the mail or electronically within 7 business days of enrollment.
You have six months from your enrollment/purchase date to complete your course unless you are taking NYC P Credit courses. Our courses are self-paced, so you may work on your coursework whenever it is convenient for you as long as you complete the entire course within six months.
*For NYC P Credit courses, please visit the NYC page for current semester end dates.
Our courses are available for purchase online or by phone.
You can order any course directly through our website – 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
To enroll by phone, call us at (800) 762-0121 Monday-Friday from 8:00am – 4:30pm ET.
While we have students from all 50 states, each school, district, and state governing body has its own set of rules about salary schedules, licensure and re-certification, so please seek approval prior to registering for a course to verify acceptance. Tuition is non-refundable if your governing body does not approve your enrolled courses.
Andrews University (located in Michigan)
- Up to 5 courses (any number of credits) may be graded in a semester. The semester is determined by the date your grade is recorded by Andrews University, which is usually 7-10 business days after receipt of your grade from Advancement Courses. NOTE: If a grade is submitted to the partner institution between the specific semester dates listed below, the grade will be recorded in the closest semester. If you need a grade submitted in a specific term, please plan ahead!
- Semester Dates for 2019:
Spring: 1/07/19 – 5/12/19
Summer: 5/13/19 – 8/25/19
Avila University (located in Missouri)
- Up to 6 credits may be graded in a semester. The semester is determined by the date your grade is recorded by Avila University, which is usually 7-10 business days after receipt of your grade from Advancement Courses. NOTE: If a grade is submitted to the partner institution between the specific semester dates listed below, the grade will be recorded in the closest semester. If you need a grade submitted in a specific term, please plan ahead!
- Semester Dates for 2019:
Spring: 1/14/2019 – 5/11/2019
Greenville University (located in Illinois)
- There is no limit to how many courses or credits you may enroll in or have graded at Greenville University.
Loyola Marymount University (located in California)
- You may enroll in up to 15 credits per semester. The semester is determined by the purchase/enrollment date of your course.
- Semester Dates for 2019:
Spring: 1/1/2019 - 5/14/2019
Summer: 5/15/2019 - 8/31/2019
Fall: 9/1/2019 - 12/31/2019
William Jessup University (located in California)
- There is no limit to how many courses or credits you may enroll in or have graded at William Jessup University.
You have six months from your enrollment/purchase date to complete your course. You can submit your coursework at any time before your enrollment expires.
We recommend you review the types of credits, number of credits or courses allowed, and the semester dates per partner institution to determine which is best for your needs. For more information about the university partners, please visit our University Partners page.
All CREDIT courses receive letter grades and a “B” or higher is necessary to receive credit. An “NC” (No-Credit) is given when your course deadline has passed and you have not submitted your work for review. If you would like to request an extension before the deadline expire date, please call us at (800) 762-0121 or email email@example.com.
For NON-CREDIT courses, grading is Pass/Fail. Pass means that you have successfully completed the course with a grade equivalent to a B or higher.
You will receive a certificate with the number of hours completed from Advancement Courses. There is no letter grade on the certificate and no university transcript.
Each graduate-level credit is equivalent to 15 hours of work.
- 1 credit: 15 hours
- 2 credits: 30 hours
- 3 credits: 45 hours
Payment & Fees
There are no additional fees at Advancement Courses! The course price includes credits, materials, and shipping.
We require full payment at the time of enrollment, so there is no option to pay later. If you have a Purchase Order from your school or district, please call us at (800) 762-0121 to receive instructions on how to complete the enrollment process.
We offer group discounts for groups of two or more individuals enrolling into Graduate-level credit and Non-Credit courses.* Our group discount rates are as follows:
- 2-4 members, 15%
- 5-9 members, 20%
- 10+ members, 25%
Exchanges, Drops, & Transfers
Graduate-level credit and non-credit courses may be exchanged for courses with the same list price and credits. In the event of an exchange, the original start date ("date of the course order’) and end date (six (6) months from course order) will remain. The first exchange for each course can be processed without fees or charges. Additional exchanges for the same order are subject to a $30.00 exchange fee. Courses submitted for grading are not eligible for exchange.
If you are not satisfied with your course, you may request to drop the course up to 30 calendar days from the date you enrolled. All dropped courses are subject to a $30.00 fee. Courses submitted for grading cannot be dropped.
Graduate-level courses that have been (1) started, (2) submitted for grading, or (3) graded may be eligible for transfer between Advancement Courses University Partners, subject to University Partner approval. In order to be transfer eligible, the courses must contain the same list price and eligible credits. Course transfer requests for courses that have been started but not completed are eligible for transfer at no fee. All course transfer requests for courses that have been submitted for grading or have received a grade are subject to a $75.00 course transfer fee.
Completing & Submitting Your Course
You may login to the eClassroom by visiting: https://advancementcourses.learninghouse.com/.
Your course is due 6 months from your purchase/enrollment date. Please refer to the order summary email you received to determine your purchase/enrollment date. For NYC, you must complete the course by the last day of the semester. You can find semester dates here.
If you need additional time, please call us in advance at (800) 762-0121 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a 1-month extension. Extensions are not available for NYC courses.
For your final project, you may use either MLA or APA. As long as you maintain consistency in your formatting, you can choose the style with which you are most comfortable.
Grading & Transcripts
- You will finish and submit your coursework within the eClassroom.
- It will take approximately 1-2 weeks for your course to be graded by one of our Instructors.
- You will receive a “Letter of Completion” email when your coursework has been graded. The letter of completion will contain detailed instructions on how to request your transcript from the university you have chosen.
Transcripts can take up to 10 business days to receive. If you have a deadline for submission, we encourage you to please complete and submit your coursework well in advance of your deadline to ensure that you will be able to order and receive your transcripts in time.
- Andrews University: Advancement Courses will submit your final grade to Andrews University within 5 business days of the grade date. Grades are recorded by the university registrar within 10 business days of receiving the grade from Advancement Courses. You will receive grade confirmation via email from Andrews University once the grade is recorded and ready for transcript requests. The grade confirmation email will contain the Student ID you will need to request your transcript. Please monitor your spam account if you have not received this email. Once recorded, you may request transcripts by submitting the request by following the instructions on this site: http://www.getmytranscript.com/.
- Avila University (Avila): Once your course has been graded, Advancement Courses will email you a letter of completion with transcript request instructions. Within 5 business days of your grade date, we will send your grade to Avila University. Avila will input your grade into their system in 7-10 business days. Transcripts are ordered online through the Transcript Ordering Center (found here) or by fax or mail. Additional information and FAQs on Avila transcripts, consent forms, and fees can be found here.
- Greenville University: Once your course has been graded, Advancement Courses will email you a letter of completion and submit your grade to Greenville University. The University will then send a notification to you via email within 10 business days containing instructions on how to request your transcript. Transcripts are ordered through the Transcripts Plus site (found here). If you have used Transcripts on Demand previously, use your existing email and password to login. New users will need to sign up for an account. Additional information and FAQs on Greenville transcripts, consent forms, and fees can be found here.
- Loyola Marymount University (LMU): Once your course has been graded, Advancement Courses will email you a letter of completion with transcript request instructions. Within 5 business of your grade date, we will send your grade to LMU. LMU will input your grade into their system in 5-10 business days. You will need your University student ID located on your letter of completion to request your transcript. Follow the included instructions for the most current information on accessing your grade via the LMU student portal (PROWL) where you will be able to review your unofficial transcript and then request the official transcript. For more information, click here.
- William Jessup University (Jessup): Once your course has been graded, Advancement Courses will email you a letter of completion with transcript request instructions. Within 5 business days of your grade date, we will send your grade to William Jessup University. Jessup will input your grade into their system in 7-10 business days. Transcripts are ordered online through the National Student Clearinghouse. Additional information and FAQs on Jessup transcripts, consent forms, and fees can be found here.
Each NYC P Credit course is for 36 hours/3 P Credits.
You may take up to 4 courses per semester.
You will receive a Pass/Fail grade. Pass means that you have successfully completed the course equivalent to a B or higher.
You must enroll with BOTH Advancement Courses and ASPDP (NYC DOE) via the links below before the registration deadline. Any participant who does not complete the enrollment process on both websites by the deadline will not be eligible for P-credits. Please use the following links to enroll both with Advancement Courses and ASPDP:
You must complete the course by the last day of the semester.
Fall 2017 Semester
Registration: Aug. 28 – Nov. 6
Semester: Sep. 11, 2017 – Jan. 12, 2018
Spring 2018 Semester
Registration: Jan. 9 – Apr. 2
Semester: Feb. 5 – Jun. 8
Upon the completion of your course, your coursework will take 1-2 weeks to grade. Once you have been graded, you will be able to view your grade by logging into the ASPDP website. Please note that it will take an additional 8-10 weeks for ASPDP to process your grade. Once fully processed, a printable transcript will be available for download on the ASPDP website.
Professional development courses do not qualify for student loans or a loan deferment.
We do not send out 1098-T forms. Please keep your registration receipt for tax purposes.
I work in a professional capacity at a school, but not as a classroom teacher. Will your courses be applicable to someone who does not work with a whole class and write lesson plans?
Many of our special needs, social/emotional, and teacher wellness courses do not require lesson plans. If you select a course that has a lesson plan requirement, you can modify it and apply the assignment to your practice and create an individualized plan for students with whom you work (individual or small group).
Yes, all courses are designed for teachers in and out of the classroom.