Advancement Courses Inc.
Patents, Copyrights and Trademarks
The collection, arrangement, assembly of all content including text, articles, photographs, illustrations, graphics, product names, designs, logos, video material, and audio on the Site is the exclusive property of Advancement Courses Inc. or the party credited as the provider or owner and protected by U.S. copyright laws. The technology provided on the Site is owned by or licensed to us and protected by United States and international intellectual property laws. We and our licensors retain all proprietary rights to that content and technology. Please see notices on individual referenced sites, products and services for additional notices and information. The trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos appearing on this Site are trademarks of Advancement Courses Inc. and/or its affiliates or licensors.
If you believe your copyrighted work or trademark has been uploaded, posted or copied to the Site in a way that constitutes copyright or trademark infringement, please notify our designated agent at: firstname.lastname@example.org; 352 Seventh Avenue, Floor 12A, New York, NY 10001.
We provide you a worldwide, non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, limited license to access and use the information and services on the Site, subject to and in accordance with these Terms. You may view, copy, download, or print material appearing on the Site (“Site Materials”) provided Site Materials (i) are used for your personal, non-commercial use, (ii) are not modified, or copied and posted on any other web site, and (iii) you do not alter or delete any copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices therein contained. We can terminate this license at any time and for any reason with or without notice. If you are notified of termination, you must immediately destroy all copies of downloaded materials in your possession or control. Except for the limited license set forth in these Terms, we do not grant you any express or implied rights or licenses under any patents, trademarks, copyrights, or other proprietary or intellectual property rights.
Code of Conduct
By accessing, browsing, or using the Site, you agree to the following restrictions:
- you will not use, intentionally or unintentionally any of the content, information, or services on the Site in a manner contrary to or in violation of any applicable international, national, federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation having the force of law;
- you will not use the Site in any manner that could harm, infect, take over, disable, overburden, or otherwise impair any of our computer systems nor will upload, post, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to the extent that you are able to upload, post or otherwise transmit content using the Site you will not upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- you will not attempt to gain, or assist anyone else in gaining, unauthorized access to any services, accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to any server used for this Site, through password mining, hacking, or any other means;
- you will not seek to gain access to any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available by us;
- you will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, download, store, further transmit, disseminate, transfer, or otherwise exploit the Site, or any portion hereof without our prior written consent except as noted above;
- you will not use any framing techniques to enclose any portion of the Site (including, but not limited to, images, text, page layout, and form) without our prior written consent;
- you will not make any use of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and graphics on this Site without our prior written consent;
- you will not use any network monitoring or discovery software to determine the site architecture, or extract information about usage, individual identities, or users of the Site;
- you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic software or device, or manual process to monitor or copy the Site or the content, information, or services on the Site;
- you will not collect any email addresses made available on Site for purposes of promotions or marketing campaigns;
- you will not distribute, on or through the Site, any advertising, promotion, solicitation for goods, services, or funds, or solicitation for others to become members of any enterprise or organization without our prior written permission;
- you will not use or otherwise export or re-export the Site, or any portion thereof, in violation of the export control laws and regulations of the United States of America or any other country;
- you will not post any material to the Site that we, in our sole discretion, deem unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, hateful or embarrassing to any other person or entity or contrary to our business reputation and standards;
- you will not express or imply that any of your content is endorsed by us; and
- you will not modify, decompile, disassemble, decrypt, extract or otherwise reverse engineer any of our content, or create derivative works based upon all or part of our content.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
WE PROVIDE THE SITE “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- WARRANTIES OF PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, OMISSIONS, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS, AND DELAYS;
- WARRANTIES THAT ACCESS TO ANY PRODUCT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, COMPLETE, OR ERROR FREE;
- WARRANTIES AS TO THE LIFE OF ANY URL OR THIRD-PARTY WEB SERVICE; AND
- WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE THAT HAS BEEN MODIFIED IN ANY WAY BY ANYONE OTHER THAN US, AND WITHOUT OUR EXPRESS APPROVAL.
BY ACCESSING, BROWSING, OR USING THE SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT PROVISION OF CONTENT AND SOFTWARE ENTAILS THE LIKELIHOOD OF SOME HUMAN AND MACHINE ERRORS, DELAYS, INTERRUPTIONS, AND LOSSES, INCLUDING THE INADVERTENT LOSS OF DATA OR DAMAGE TO MEDIA.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE, IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, FOR:
- INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THIS SITE, WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE;
- ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY CUSTOMER IN RELIANCE UPON THE AVAILABILITY OF OR CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE.
The Site may contain advertising and sponsorship. Advertisers and sponsors are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on the Site is accurate and complies with applicable laws. We are not responsible for the illegality of, or any error or inaccuracy in, advertisers’ or sponsors’ materials, or for the acts or omissions of such advertisers or sponsors.
Links to Third Party Sites
This Site may provide links to third-party web sites or resources. We make no representations whatsoever about any other web site which you may access through this Site. Because we have no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. References on the Site to any names, marks, products or services of any third parties or hypertext links to third party sites or information are provided solely as a convenience to you, and do not constitute or imply an endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation of, or affiliation with the third party or its products and services. We make no representation or warranty as to any third party content, products or services, and you agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such third-party content, products or services available on or through any such site or resource.
We do not assume any responsibility for your content or any other content not produced by us on the Site. We may at any time and in our sole discretion screen, monitor, block, remove or otherwise exercise control over any of your content or anyone else’s content that we determine violates these Terms, including the Code of Conduct (above), any applicable law, or otherwise may expose us to civil or criminal liability or reflect poorly on us. In addition, we may permanently terminate your access to the Site in the event we determine that you caused any such violation. In no event shall such rights obligate us to exercise control over your content or anyone else’s content.
Opinions expressed on our web forums an in any corresponding comments are the personal opinions of the original author and do not necessarily reflect our opinion.
Registration and Account Information
Certain sections of the Site may require you to register as a user or create an account. By registering or creating an account, you agree to provide accurate and complete information and to inform us of any changes to that information. You will only use your own account information to access the Site and will not impersonate another person in your use of the Site. Each registration is for a single user only, unless otherwise expressly provided on the registration page. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. If you believe there has been unauthorized use, you must notify us immediately.
You acknowledge and agree that we may, in our sole discretion, terminate your access to the Site if your conduct is found to be unlawful, inconsistent with, or in violation of, the letter or spirit of these Terms, or for any other reason. We shall not be liable to you or any third party for termination of your access to the Site. Should you object to any terms and conditions of the Terms or to any subsequent modifications thereto, your only recourse is to immediately discontinue use of the Site.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Advancement Courses Inc. and its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, licensors, and suppliers harmless from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from your use of the Site or use of any products sold on the Site.
International Use – Consent to Processing
We control and operate the Site from our offices in the United States of America, and all information is processed within the United States. We do not represent that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access the Site from locations outside of the United States do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in connection with your use of the Site. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
If you access the Site from locations outside the United States you agree that any information you provide to or though the Site may be processed in the United States.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, and any action arising out of or relating to these terms shall be filed only in state or federal courts located in New York, New York, and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating any such action.
Severability of Provisions
If any provision of the Terms is deemed unlawful, void, or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the remaining provisions and shall not affect their validity and enforceability.
We may assign our rights and delegate our duties under these Terms to any party at any time without notice to you or any third party.
No Implied Waiver
Our failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Terms shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
If you have any questions about the Terms or about the content, information, or services on the Site you may contact us using any of the methods described on our “Help” page at www.advancementcourses.com/help.
Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information – Personally identifiable information is collected if you submit it voluntarily as part of your use of the Site. When you purchase any of our products or services through the Site, we will collect the following information: your full name, mailing address, email address, phone number, school and district in which you teach, grade(s) and subject(s) that you teach, credit card or other payment information, and social security numbers when required as part of the accreditation process. For marketing and lead generation purposes, we may sponsor sweepstakes and will collect certain personally identifiable information if you agree to enter the sweepstakes.
Behavioral Information - In addition to information you provide, we may collect the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the IP address of the computer you are using; the browser and operating system you are using; the date and time you access the Site; the Internet address of the website (if any) from which you linked to the Site; the number of links you click and the pages you view within the Site; and the searches you conduct via the Site. We use “cookies” to automatically gather some of this information. A cookie is a small text file that we send to your computer to collect information about your activities on the Site. The cookie transmits this information back to the Site each time your browser requests a page from the Site, and the information is stored to help facilitate your use of the Site the next time you visit.
Use of Information
When you submit personally identifiable information for product purchases, we will use this information to process your order. In addition, we may use this information to contact you or respond to inquiries, keep you informed of new products or services, promotions or other offers, to improve the Site and to otherwise improve the products and services we provide to you. If you agreed to enter any of our sweepstakes, you have agreed to allow us to use your personally identifiable information to contact you regarding our products for sales purposes.
We may monitor IP addresses and other behavioral information for security purposes, Site administration, trend analysis, to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems and/or improve our services. We may also use information we collect via cookies to “re-target” or otherwise market our products to you.
How We Share Your Information
We do not sell any information we collect from you, including personally identifiable information and behavioral information, to any third party.
We may disclose to third parties aggregated, anonymous information regarding traffic analysis and other information regarding the Site. This information will not include personally identifiable data about you.
We use Google Analytics.
Please be aware that in the event our company or any of its assets are ever sold, the information we have collected may be transferred to the new owner. In addition, your personal information may be transferred to third parties without notice to you in order to comply with applicable law, law enforcement agencies, to protect our rights, or protect the rights of other users of the Site.
The Site may feature forums, message boards or other media which enable you to submit content. Please remember that any information you disclose in these areas is public and you should exercise caution to avoid disclosing any personal or otherwise sensitive information.
We have employed administrative, technical, electronic and contractual security measures to protect this information from intentional or unintentional use or disclosure. Though we will take these steps to safeguard your information (including any email communication), we cannot eliminate all security and privacy risks inherent in Internet use. You acknowledge awareness of and accept such risks, including, but not limited to, the limitations of security and authentication measures and the chance that any information transferred via the Site may be susceptible to eavesdropping, hacking and other security hazards or misappropriation. We will not be liable for damages of any kind associated with these security risks.
Links to Other Websites
Children's Online Privacy Protection
We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose information from or about a child under the age of thirteen (13).
Correcting/Updating Personal Information; Questions
Effective May 1, 2014