Wiley Tournament of Teachers
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. THIS IS A GAME OF SKILL, CHANCE PLAYS NO PART IN DETERMINING THE WINNER.
1. Eligibility: The Wiley “Tournament of Teachers” (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 States of the United States who are 18 years of age or older and hold a job title in the field of education at the time of entry. Employees of Wiley edu, LLC located at 851 Trafalgar Court Maitland, FL 32751 (“Sponsor”), all its affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) are not eligible. All applicable federal, national, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted.
2. Contest Period: The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 11, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on March 30, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Period consists of a submission phase that begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on March 11, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on March 20, 2022 (the “Submission Phase”) and a judging phase that begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on March 21, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on March 30, 2022 (the “Judging Phase”).
3. Contest Submission:
Submission Phase: During the Submission Phase, visit https://www.advancementcourses.com/tournamentofteachers (“Website”) and follow instructions to submit your statement of purpose (the “Entry”) for consideration. An email address, full, legal name, state you teach in, and grade level and subject(s) you teach will be required to submit the entry. All such information is being received by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, ineligible, or incomplete entries or entries not received for any reason.
By entering, entrant warrants that his or her entry:
- Adheres to all listed Technical Specifications set forth below.
- Is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Has not been published in any medium.
- Has not been submitted previously in a contest of any kind or won an award.
- Complies with all Content Restrictions set forth below.
Any Entry that includes content that is deemed inappropriate, indecent, obscene or otherwise does not comply with the Content Restrictions, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall not be eligible.
The Entry must NOT contain:
- Nudity, lewd or vulgar behavior.
- Material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including but not limited to copyright infringement.
- Brand names or trademarks.
- Photos of third-party artwork without proper license or ownership.
- Material that is hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- Material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Entry is created.
Failure of any Entry to comply with the above restrictions (collectively, the “Content Restrictions”), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall result in disqualification.
Each entrant may enter up to 1 Entry during the Contest Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to enter more than 1 Entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, or any other methods shall void all Entries entered by that entrant and that entrant, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and shall result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register shall be deemed to be the registrant or entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Entrant retains ownership of the copyright in any Entries. However, by submitting an Entry in this Contest, entrant grants Sponsor, either alone or with its licensees, the irrevocable, perpetual right to edit, adapt, and publish in any media now known or hereafter discovered any or all of the Entries in its products and services and marketing or advertising related thereto without compensation to the entrant, his or her successors or assigns, or any other entity. Entries shall be given attribution credit based on the name supplied with submission.
4. Judging Phase:
During the Judging Phase, members of the Sponsor’s team will review all eligible Entries based on the judging criteria set out on the Website. By the end of the Judging Phase, Sponsor will pick the winners from the eligible Entries received. Its judgment shall be final.
There will be seven (7) prize winners.
5. Notification and Requirements of Contest Winners. The winners shall be notified by email, mail, official website winner’s page, and/or phone on or about March 31, 2022. The winner must comply with all contest rules as published. The potential winner and, if the potential winner is a minor, the potential winner's parent or guardian, shall be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release, where permitted, within five (5) days from the date of notification. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize shall be awarded to the entrant with the next best Entry, as determined by the Sponsor. The winner agrees to conduct any and all media interviews related to the Contest if requested and not disparage Sponsor during any such interviews. Failure to comply with this requirement for any reason or return of prize notification or prize as undeliverable shall result in forfeiture of any prize, and the prize shall be awarded to the entrant with the next best Entry or the next randomly chosen winner. Acceptance of prize shall constitute and signify the winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner’s name, address (city, state), likeness, Entry and/or prize information for contextual purposes worldwide, including the internet, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law. Winner agrees to modify its Photograph in any way dictated by Sponsor. Winner must supply all necessary files in a format that complies with the Technical Specifications. These requirements apply to residents of the US, Canada and UK.
6. Prizes: SEVEN (7) PRIZES:
First Place Prize: $1,000.00 USD Amazon Gift Card
Second Place Prize: $500.00 USD Amazon Gift Card
Third Place Prize: $100.00 USD Amazon Gift Card (5 entrants will win this prize)
The approximate retail value (the “ARV”) of the prizes is: $2,000.00 U.S. Dollars. The ARV is a good faith calculation by Sponsor of the current value of the prizes. No substitution shall be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any listed prize or prize component for one of equal or greater value if a designated prize or component should become unavailable for any reason. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize – any item, feature, cost or expense not specifically listed as part of the prize is the sole responsibility of the winner. Prizes may not be sold, bartered or transferred. Federal, state and local sales or other taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner. All Winners receiving an individual prize with a retail value over $600.00 USD will be issued Form 1099-MISC by the Sponsor.
7. Disclaimer and Indemnification: By entering or participating in the Contest, Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for electronic hardware, programming or software malfunctions, or failures, or line connections, accessibility or availability, or technical failures of any kind, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any submission or other information, or for the failure to capture any such information. Sponsor is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the submission process or the Contest; or (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries. Further, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, and select the winner for the Contest, from the entries received prior to the action taken or in other such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
Entrants, by participating in this Contest, hereby waive and release, and agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor, all contest and advertising agencies, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, and their respective successors and assigns (the “Indemnified Parties”), from and against, any and all rights, claims and causes of action whatsoever that they may have, or which may arise, against any of them for any liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any injury, loss, damage, whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, to person, including death and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize in the Contest; or their participation in the Contest; or the use of the Entry, including without limitation any claims relating to violations of the Content Restrictions. Winner also further acknowledges that the Indemnified Parties have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law relative to any prize or this Contest including but not limited to quality, condition or fitness for a particular purpose. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Rules/Winner List Requests: To obtain these rules or for notification of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “Tournament of Teachers” Contest Official Rules/Winner List Request" Wiley edu, LLC located at 851 Trafalgar Court Maitland, FL 32751 Or, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for winner list must be received within 60 days of the end of the Judging Phase.
10. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in this Contest, such Entrant unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
11. Sponsor: Wiley edu, LLC located at 851 Trafalgar Court Maitland, FL 32751 .
12. Law and Venue: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved under the laws of the State of New York, without respect to any conflict of law issues, and entrant agrees that such shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the Federal and State Courts located in New York County, New York.